You and your vehicle should be prepared for emergency. A vehicle problem can happen to you or you could encounter another motorist in trouble. Vehicle emergencies can include
- Vehicle failure including breakdown or lack of fuel
- Stopped due to bad road conditions or bad weather
- Getting severely lost
When preparing a vehicle kit be sure to have supplies for both you and your vehicle. Having extra supplies is also a good idea because you could have passengers or you may need to help another motorist. Your vehicle kit should include these supplies
- Tools including sockets, screwdrivers, jumper cables, etc.
- Signaling devices such as reflectors, flares, flashlights, lantern
- Food, water, water purifier, optional cooking equipment
- Clothes including waterproof suit, warm garments, hat, etc.
- Shelter including space blanket and/or bivy