When archiving digital assets you need the files (documents, photos, etc.) and a folder structure to store the files. Having files stored on a variety of DVDs, CDs, and thumb drives is NOT and effective way to manage or backup your data. Good file organization is critical.
Before you start organizing your digital assets recognize the need to tackle digital clutter. The goal is to organize and consolidate all of your digital assets.
- Organize Folders and create a folder structure to store your files
- Select the proper File Format for your digital assets
- Choose appropriate Filenames to make the information easier to find
- Organize the digital files in folders using appropriate filenames
- Digital Templates can save time and increase consistency
Take the time to create a folder structure that works for you. Create template directories to save time and create a more consistent folder structure.