Storms can hit any area of the world at any time of the year. There are different types of storms and different ways to prepare.
- Flooding Storms can drop lots of rain and can overwhelm drainage systems. These storms can create minor or severe flooding, flash floods, and other water-related problems.
- Wind Storms range from minor wind to hurricane or tornado force events. Wind storms often include rain and can also bring flooding. Severe wind coupled with rain and flooding can be particularly devastating.
- Lightning and electrical storms can cause severe damage including electrical outages and are often accompanied by severe rain and possibly flooding.
- Snow Storms can cause roads to be impassable, can result in flooding when the snow melts, and can cause structural damage.
- Dust Storms mostly occur in arid and desert regions. These storms can make breathing and movement very difficult. Severe storms can cause vehicles to run poorly or fail.
- Severe Pollution: While not a storm, can cause adversely affect your health and mobility.
When you find yourself in a storm here are some of the factors to consider: