Years ago I cut back on drinking pop and started making my own ice teas. The ice teas are cheaper, healthier, taste better, and you control the ingredients. This is a sweet raspberry tea with mint undertones. You can adjust the recipe to your own taste by increasing or decreasing the amount of tea or sugar.
|1 gallon||Filtered water|
|2 tbsp||Raspberry Splash loose tea from Market Spice Teas|
|1 tbsp||Dried Peppermint leaves from Savory Spice|
|1 tbsp||Dried Spearmint leaves from Savory Spice|
|7/8 cup||Sugar (more or less to taste)|
- Pour water into a pot over a medium heat.
- Add the tea, mint, and sugar.
- Allow the tea to brew for about 30-40 minutes.
- Turn off the burner and allow the tea to cool for several hours.
- Pour the tea and leaves through a very fine strainer, chill, and enjoy.