This is a quick and healthy meal that you can make in under two minutes and cook using only water and a microwave oven. I use one Pyrex bowl with a cover and one small plastic container. You use the Pyrex bowl to rehydrate and cook your meal. One pantry can of THRIVE Chicken Dices yielded 23 rounded tablespoons. This is enough chicken to make over 3-weeks of rice bowl lunches.
Servings: 1; Prep Time: 2 minutes; Refresh Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 4 minutes
Ingredients (Pyrex Bowl)
|1/8 cup||Or one rounded tablespoon of THRIVE Shredded Beef, Pulled Pork, or Chicken Dices|
|1/8 cup||THRIVE Instant Red or Black Beans|
|1 tsp||THRIVE Chopped Onion|
|THRIVE vegetables — whichever ones that you like. I often use broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and corn.|
|—||Add a seasoning such as
Ingredients (Plastic Container)
In this contain add rice and any THRIVE vegetables that you have a taste for. I normally add carrots, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and corn. Sometimes I add peas, green beans also.
|½ cup||Instant White or Brown Rice|
|1 cup||Boiling water|
|—||Add THRIVE vegetables such as: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, spinach, red peppers, etc.|
- Add about 1-cup of hot water to the Pyrex bowl and leave it covered for at least 5 minutes. This step rehydrates the ingredients. If you do not have hot water then let the ingredients rehydrate for at least 15 minutes
- Uncover the Pyrex bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and add the ingredients in the plastic container. Stir the ingredients and add more hot water if necessary. Cover the Pyrex bowl and allow it to rehydrate for at least 10 minutes. If you leave it longer then that is OK also.
- Remove the cover and microwave the bowl for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Pyrex bowl, stir contents, re-season as needed, and eat.