Reasons I like the Sawyer Mini:
- Filters to 0.1 microns which is better than nearly all filters
- Long lasting and will filter up to 100,000 gallons
- Can attach to a bladder (included) or standard water bottle
- Small and can be easily carried
- Reasonably priced at about $25
- Easily cleaned by backflushing
I have a Sawyer Mini in my hiking kit and another in my Bugout Bag. I think every hiking kit or vehicle kit should include either Sawyer Mini or Sawyer Squeeze. It is effective, small, long lasting, and affordably priced. When carrying the Mini in your kit I take the filter and cleaning syringe and wrap then in the included water bladder. I then take the wrapped filter and store it in a poly zip bag or very small utility bag. This keeps all of the components together and protected.